Saving New Message or Reply Message to Exch Folder
Author Message
 Saving New Message or Reply Message to Exch Folder

Hi All,

In Outlook 2002, I'm trying to take either a new message
that I'm currently working on or a reply message I'm
currently working on, and save it to an Exchange folder.
For example, if I'm writing a message to Sally I want to
save a copy of the message, as I write it, to the folder
in my Outlook named "Sally". This is much like how when
you click on Save, a copy of the message will be saved to
the Draft folder. Anyone have the VBA code for that so I
can create a button.
Thanks,
Dave

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 04:24:14 GMT
 Saving New Message or Reply Message to Exch Folder
Hi All,

I was able, after a little hit and miss, to develop VBA
code that allows me to move the current e-mail I'm
working on to an Exchange Folder. It then closes the e-
mail. Much like the Draft folder it moves to the folder
and you have to open it back up to send it. Here's the
code:

    Dim objApp As Application
    Dim objFolder As MAPIFolder
    Dim objInspector As Inspector
    Dim objCurrItem As MailItem

    Set objApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
    Set objFolder = objApp.GetNamespace("MAPI").PickFolder
    Set objCurrItem = objApp.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem

    objCurrItem.Move objFolder

Good luck.

Quote:

Mon, 19 Sep 2005 05:19:25 GMT

1. Saving Messages to File Folder - Help

2. Catching Arrival of new messages in the Inbox folder on a regular basis

3. Notification when new message arrive in public folder

4. Detecting unread message(s) in folder and highlighting all folders above

5. Detecting unread message(s) in folder and highlighting all folders above

6. auto reply message

7. Beginner - Automatic message reply

8. How to find the message reply period?

9. Auto reply to mail messages

10. OL 2000: Auto Delete original message on reply?

11. How can reply email included original message in outlook98 form programming

12. programmatically indicating message has been replied to