Protect list box without protecting entire document?
Author Message
 Protect list box without protecting entire document?

Is there some way to have a drop-down list in a form and just have the list
box protected instead of protecting the entire document?

Thanks,

Keith Brickey

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 05:31:05 GMT
 Protect list box without protecting entire document?
Keith

Quote:
> Is there some way to have a drop-down list in a form and just have the
list
> box protected instead of protecting the entire document?

A document can be divided in many sections. You could add a (continous)
section break above the listbox and a (continous) section break below the
listbox. menu: Insert-Break. Your document will be diveded in 3 sections.

When you protect the document you select which sections to protect. In the
example above you would protect the second  section but not the first and
the third.Tools-Protect-Forms + Sections

--
Anna Bohman
Bra Utbildning AB, Sweden

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 06:29:15 GMT
 Protect list box without protecting entire document?
Hi, Keith,

The smallest piece of a document you can protect is a section. You can
insert a section break immediately before the list field and another
immediately after, and protect just the section between the breaks. In the
Tools/Protect Document dialog, select Forms and then click the Sections
button. Leave a check only for the section that contains the list field.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Quote:
> Is there some way to have a drop-down list in a form and just have the
list
> box protected instead of protecting the entire document?

> Thanks,

> Keith Brickey

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 10:26:49 GMT
 Protect list box without protecting entire document?
Insert a continuous section break below the area where the
drop-down list field is.  When you select Protect Document
from the Tools menu, choose the "Forms" option.  Click
the "Sections" button and clear the check box for the
section in which you want to be able to type.  This will
protect your form for the form fields area only, and the
rest of the document is unprotected.

Sue Fowler

Quote:

Wed, 24 Mar 2004 05:13:54 GMT

1. Protect Combo Box Control in Active Document

2. Need help w/Protected document with form text fields and check boxes

3. Spell check text boxes on a protected document

4. Working with protected Access DB and non-protected DB in the same application

5. How to write protect the text box or richText box in Vb5.0

6. how do i access a password protected MS-ACCESS db without the password

7. Can I protect my database without MDW file ?

8. open pw protected access db without Jet??

9. "Ask" field and protecting a document

10. print envelope in a protected document

11. Using the same password as the logged user's to protect the document

12. protecting a picture in a word document