Send text directly to printer port?
Author Message
 Send text directly to printer port?

I'm sure this has been asked before - can someone tell me how to send text
directly to the printer port?

I have an application that requires me to allow the user to print a single
label on a dot-matrix printer.

Wed, 14 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Send text directly to printer port?

Hi,

It should sound like:

Open "LPT1.COM" As #1 : Write #1, MyText : Close #1

I have no dot matrix priter to try. You can use 3 lines instead of the : .

Hope it may help,
Vanderghast, Access MVP.

Quote:

>I'm sure this has been asked before - can someone tell me how to send text
>directly to the printer port?

>I have an application that requires me to allow the user to print a single
>label on a dot-matrix printer.

Fri, 16 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Send text directly to printer port?

If you do this with a networked printer, you will get one print job for
every attempt at
printing. You would want to separate the open to the beginning and the close
to the end
of the program with the writes in the middle. This seemed like common sense
until
someone in our company created a demo disk and circulated it to thousands of
people
with open...write...close on every line. It was a major boondoggle!!!
[snip]

Sat, 17 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Sending files directly to the printer port, under NT Server

2. Send text to printer directly

3. Need to send a command directly to printer (Eltron Card Printer)

4. Sending Text to the Printer Port

5. VB4.0 sending commands to rs232 (com port) and printer port

6. Data directly to printer port

7. How to manipulate Printer Port Directly in VB5?

8. Writing directly to printer port...

9. Printing directly to printer port

10. Sending a .prn file directly to a networked printer

11. Sending characters directly to Win95 printer?

12. Send chars directly to line printer?