Need help with ASP to access my Access Database
Author Message
 Need help with ASP to access my Access Database

The program code listed in the conn.asp file is below:  (no authentication)
<%
Dim ConnectString, conn

ConnectString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" &
Server.MapPath("siteusers.mdb")
Set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
conn.open ConnectString
%>

Access File = situsers.mdb

I need to be able to have the database password locked
But the password has to be included in this file

How do I write that code to include it?

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 07:34:01 GMT
 Need help with ASP to access my Access Database
Hi,

Try using...

conn.Properties("Jet OLEDB:Database Password") = "dbpass"

...before opening your connection...

-OR-

& "Jet OLEDB:Database Password=dbpass;"

... should work after setting your Date Source.

--
Calvin Smith
http://www.CalvinSmithSoftware.com

Mass Emailer - http://www.CalvinSmithSoftware.com/MassEmailer.htm

VB/VBA Tools - http://www.CalvinSmithSoftware.com/AllComboDeals.htm

Quote:
> The program code listed in the conn.asp file is below:  (no
authentication)
> <%
> Dim ConnectString, conn

> ConnectString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" &
> Server.MapPath("siteusers.mdb")
> Set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
> conn.open ConnectString
> %>

> Access File = situsers.mdb

> I need to be able to have the database password locked
> But the password has to be included in this file

> How do I write that code to include it?

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 11:47:01 GMT

1. Need help with ASP to Access database

2. I need help with SQL in a VB program to access an Access database

3. Database Tables Disappearing - HELP HELP - Need Access Database specs

4. Help? Asp connect to the access database

5. need help w/SQL access using ASP Pages

6. Access Database Query Need Help

7. new...need help with search of access database

8. need help with Datagrid / ADO Data Control / Access Database / delete method

9. Need Help Searching a access database

10. Beginner needs HELP talking to Access database

11. Need Help With VB5 and Searching Access Database

12. Man oh Man - Need VB Help for Using Access Databases