Table Cell Navigation Control - User Forms
Author Message
 Table Cell Navigation Control - User Forms

I have a table with a mixture of normal cells and some user form controls .

I want to enable people to click in ant cell after finishing with a user
form

INSTEAD i get Word raceing off to what seems
the next Form Field pages away (if on the last one, or the next form field
otherwise) ?

Go figure ?

How do i stop it from racing off like this ?

Does someone know how to override the default Word handling ?

Thanks in advance and good karma on ya

Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:13:23 GMT
 Table Cell Navigation Control - User Forms
Hi Greg

Your first sentence confuses me - a UserForm is Microsoft jargon for a
dialog box, and a dialog box isn't part of a document. Did you mean controls
inserted in the document using the Control Toolbox toolbar, or using the
Forms toolsbar?

Regards

Dave

| I have a table with a mixture of normal cells and some user form controls
.

| I want to enable people to click in ant cell after finishing with a user
| form
|
| INSTEAD i get Word raceing off to what seems
| the next Form Field pages away (if on the last one, or the next form field
| otherwise) ?
|
| Go figure ?
|
| How do i stop it from racing off like this ?
|
| Does someone know how to override the default Word handling ?
|
| Thanks in advance and good karma on ya

Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:24:24 GMT
 Table Cell Navigation Control - User Forms
e.g. Text Form Field , drop down form field on the "Forms" toolbar.

Quote:
> Hi Greg

> Your first sentence confuses me - a UserForm is Microsoft jargon for a
> dialog box, and a dialog box isn't part of a document. Did you mean
controls
> inserted in the document using the Control Toolbox toolbar, or using the
> Forms toolsbar?

> Regards

> Dave

> | I have a table with a mixture of normal cells and some user form
controls
> .
> |
> | I want to enable people to click in ant cell after finishing with a user
> | form
> |
> | INSTEAD i get Word raceing off to what seems
> | the next Form Field pages away (if on the last one, or the next form
field
> | otherwise) ?
> |
> | Go figure ?
> |
> | How do i stop it from racing off like this ?
> |
> | Does someone know how to override the default Word handling ?
> |
> | Thanks in advance and good karma on ya

Mon, 19 Jul 2004 19:35:11 GMT
 Table Cell Navigation Control - User Forms
When you use form fields in a document, users can enter text only in those
form fields, not in any other part of the document. Word is behaving as
designed when the Tab key takes you from one form field to the next.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft Word MVP

Quote:
> e.g. Text Form Field , drop down form field on the "Forms" toolbar.

> > Hi Greg

> > Your first sentence confuses me - a UserForm is Microsoft jargon for a
> > dialog box, and a dialog box isn't part of a document. Did you mean
> controls
> > inserted in the document using the Control Toolbox toolbar, or using the
> > Forms toolsbar?

> > Regards

> > Dave

> > | I have a table with a mixture of normal cells and some user form
> controls
> > .
> > |
> > | I want to enable people to click in ant cell after finishing with a
user
> > | form
> > |
> > | INSTEAD i get Word raceing off to what seems
> > | the next Form Field pages away (if on the last one, or the next form
> field
> > | otherwise) ?
> > |
> > | Go figure ?
> > |
> > | How do i stop it from racing off like this ?
> > |
> > | Does someone know how to override the default Word handling ?
> > |
> > | Thanks in advance and good karma on ya

Mon, 19 Jul 2004 22:09:07 GMT
 Table Cell Navigation Control - User Forms
That being the case, is this the wrong approach by me, i.e.
i should code up my own drop downs (list boxes from the "Control toolbox"
toolbar?)
so Word behaves the way i want it to.

Quote:
> When you use form fields in a document, users can enter text only in those
> form fields, not in any other part of the document. Word is behaving as
> designed when the Tab key takes you from one form field to the next.

> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft Word MVP
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, AL USA

> > e.g. Text Form Field , drop down form field on the "Forms" toolbar.

> > > Hi Greg

> > > Your first sentence confuses me - a UserForm is Microsoft jargon for a
> > > dialog box, and a dialog box isn't part of a document. Did you mean
> > controls
> > > inserted in the document using the Control Toolbox toolbar, or using
the
> > > Forms toolsbar?

> > > Regards

> > > Dave

> > controls
> > > .

> user

> > field

Tue, 20 Jul 2004 05:00:23 GMT
 Table Cell Navigation Control - User Forms
It depends on what you're trying to do. Perhaps you'd like to look at
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Customization/FillinTheBlanks.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft Word MVP

Quote:
> That being the case, is this the wrong approach by me, i.e.
> i should code up my own drop downs (list boxes from the "Control toolbox"
> toolbar?)
> so Word behaves the way i want it to.

> > When you use form fields in a document, users can enter text only in
those
> > form fields, not in any other part of the document. Word is behaving as
> > designed when the Tab key takes you from one form field to the next.

> > --
> > Suzanne S. Barnhill
> > Microsoft Word MVP
> > Words into Type
> > Fairhope, AL USA

> > > e.g. Text Form Field , drop down form field on the "Forms" toolbar.

> > > controls
> the

> > > controls

> > user

> > > field

Tue, 20 Jul 2004 07:22:21 GMT
 Table Cell Navigation Control - User Forms
They won't "race away" unless they try to use the keyboard to select from
the drop-down. The down-arrow behaves like the tab key, with form fields.
But as long as they use the mouse to select the items in the drop-down, and
don't use the down-arrow on the keyboard, they'll be OK.

Note that you can't select items from the ActiveX drop-down in the Control
Toolbox toolbar either - although admittedly, if you try, it doesn't "race
away". But IMO, those ActiveX controls are useless for forms because they
look very odd on a printed form. And they slow down the document a lot.

Personally, I would probably use a UserForms (dialog box) rather than a
drop-down form field, but that's more programming.

Regards

Dave

| That being the case, is this the wrong approach by me, i.e.
| i should code up my own drop downs (list boxes from the "Control toolbox"
| toolbar?)
| so Word behaves the way i want it to.
|

| > When you use form fields in a document, users can enter text only in
those
| > form fields, not in any other part of the document. Word is behaving as
| > designed when the Tab key takes you from one form field to the next.
| >
| > --
| > Suzanne S. Barnhill
| > Microsoft Word MVP
| > Words into Type
| > Fairhope, AL USA
| >

| > > e.g. Text Form Field , drop down form field on the "Forms" toolbar.

| > > controls
| the

| > > controls
| > > > |
| > user
| > > > |
| > > field
| > > > |
| > > > |
| > > > |
| > > > |
| > > > |
| > > > |
| > > > |
| > > > |
| > > > |

Tue, 20 Jul 2004 08:11:07 GMT
 Table Cell Navigation Control - User Forms
I have a table with a mixture of normal cells and some user form controls .

I want to enable people to click in ant cell after finishing with a user
form

INSTEAD i get Word raceing off to what seems
the next Form Field pages away (if on the last one, or the next form field
otherwise) ?

Go figure ?

How do i stop it from racing off like this ?

Does someone know how to override the default Word handling ?

Thanks in advance and good karma on ya

Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:12:36 GMT

1. Referencing cell from Excel User Form

2. How do I copy text from User Form to An excel cell

3. ActiveX Control in Table Cell

4. looking for a table control that allows in cell editing at run time

5. Retaining styles in table cells when deleting table

6. Cell by Cell colour control in Grid.VBX ?

7. Table Navigation while document is NOT visible

8. table row navigation

9. Checking user input in form against table

10. Autosumming in a table that is within a user form

11. menubars (form navigation)

12. altering form navigation buttons