Running Mail Merge from Web Server
Author Message
 Running Mail Merge from Web Server

I've written a macro that automatically connects to a DSN database to
generate mailing labels.  The connection code is:

With ActiveDocument.MailMerge
        constr = "DSN=etDSN1;" _
        & "DriverID=25;" _
        & "FIL=MS Access;"
   .OpenDataSource Name:="", _
        Connection:=constr, SQLStatement:="SELECT * FROM Address"
End With

It works fine on my local pc but when I try to call it up in IE5 using the
URL http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;The OpenDataSource
method or property is not available because this document is in another
application."  I have a valid DSN on the web server.

Any way around this?

Regards,
Wayne C.

Fri, 27 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Mail Merge BarCodes / Mail Merge Insertion Point

2. Web Enabled Mail Merge

3. How?Web based Mail Merge into Printable Form Letter

4. VB mail merge executable on the web

5. Getting Error Code:5922 when running word mail merge on Office XP

6. mail merge using sql server

7. Looking for Web Host running Crystal Web Server

8. Formatting Merge Fields in Word Mail Merge

9. Word Mail Merge Err - Word could not merge...

10. Running Crystal Report Web Component Server and SQL Server on different machines

11. Help sending HTML mail in mail merge

12. HTML forms, Word, e-mail and mail merge