ACC95/WIN95 - erratic 'Type Mismatch' -
Author Message
 ACC95/WIN95 - erratic 'Type Mismatch' -

Using Access 95/Windows 95.

My process works over a 'Snapshot' of data that have been accumulated every
week (since April of 98).  I have a process which links to any chosen
database.  One of the processes updates some tables in the database using a
number of queries and VBA code.  The Main process links to each 'Snapshot'
then runs this update process.  After it has processed 4-5 weeks worth of
data, it opens the same query that it has before and blows up with a 'Type
Mismatch - 13 run time error'.  I exit out of Access, start on the week that
blew up, and away it goes for another 4-5 weeks!!!  I have looked over the
code and have move module wide variables to be local in the subroutine.  set
all of the recordset, qdf, db to nothing at the end of the module thinking
something was leaking.  Well - something is still leaking - it didn't have
any affect.

I was able to get though the 30 plus weeks worth of data by letting it go
until it blew up - then start again.  However, it bugs me that I can't fix
the problem.  Oh yeah - did I tell you that this whole process ran a few
weeks ago - to conclusion - with no problems.  A couple of queries had to be
tweaked - but not that much.  and anyway - why would it die 4-5 weeks into
it - close Access - then work?

any ideas?

Sat, 16 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

Sun, 17 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ACC95/WIN95 - erratic 'Type Mismatch'

2. type mismatch error '13'????

3. ACC2000:Run Time Error '13': Type Mismatch

4. Run -time error '13' Type Mismatch

5. Run-time error '13': Type mismatch

6. 'type mismatch' when calling COM DLL

7. Run-time error '13': Type mismatch

8. Run-time error '13': Type mismatch

9. 'type mismatch' error using early-binding

10. Urgent: runtime error '13' type mismatch

11. Help on 'Type mismatch'