Create Exchange Public Folders with Specified ACL Permissions with VB
Author Message
 Create Exchange Public Folders with Specified ACL Permissions with VB

I wanted to create Public Folders on our Exchange 2000 server with specified
ACL permissions.  I am familiar with the ACL.dll COM object, and wanted to
know if anyone knew of an alternative method of setting the permissions on
Folders created thru VBScript or VBA in Outlook 2000/2002.

Also, can someone point me in the direction of some examples for using
ACL.dll if that is the only way.

BTW: I *know* how to do this with ESM, I want to do this programatically.

Thank you,

--
Andrew D. Fields

Fields & Associates Consulting, Inc.

Tue, 16 Mar 2004 12:02:58 GMT
 Create Exchange Public Folders with Specified ACL Permissions with VB
Your only other option is Extended MAPI (C++/Delphi), that's what acl.dll uses.
Its source code is included with the Platform SDK.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool

Quote:
> I wanted to create Public Folders on our Exchange 2000 server with specified
> ACL permissions.  I am familiar with the ACL.dll COM object, and wanted to
> know if anyone knew of an alternative method of setting the permissions on
> Folders created thru VBScript or VBA in Outlook 2000/2002.

> Also, can someone point me in the direction of some examples for using
> ACL.dll if that is the only way.

> BTW: I *know* how to do this with ESM, I want to do this programatically.

> Thank you,

> --
> Andrew D. Fields

> Fields & Associates Consulting, Inc.

Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:28:53 GMT
 Create Exchange Public Folders with Specified ACL Permissions with VB
Dmitry:

I installed the Platform SDK (Windows SDK and Exchange 2000 SDK) and did not
find the ACL.DLL source code.
Where is it located?

Also, could I use Redemption to accomplish what I want...it has been *years*
since I have programmed in C++ :(

--
Andrew D. Fields

Fields & Associates Consulting, Inc.

Quote:
> Your only other option is Extended MAPI (C++/Delphi), that's what acl.dll
uses.
> Its source code is included with the Platform SDK.

> Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
> http://www.dimastr.com/
> OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
> and MAPI Developer Tool

> > I wanted to create Public Folders on our Exchange 2000 server with
specified
> > ACL permissions.  I am familiar with the ACL.dll COM object, and wanted
> > know if anyone knew of an alternative method of setting the permissions
on
> > Folders created thru VBScript or VBA in Outlook 2000/2002.

> > Also, can someone point me in the direction of some examples for using
> > ACL.dll if that is the only way.

> > BTW: I *know* how to do this with ESM, I want to do this
programatically.

> > Thank you,

> > --
> > Andrew D. Fields

> > Fields & Associates Consulting, Inc.

Sun, 28 Mar 2004 08:23:27 GMT
 Create Exchange Public Folders with Specified ACL Permissions with VB
No, Redemption won't help you with the Rules - rules.dll works just fine. The
source for the rules.dll is in the Samples\dbmsg\exchange\libsrc\rulecls folder.
The latest SDK might not include it, let me know if you can't find it, I'll send
it to you via private e-mail

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool

Quote:
> Dmitry:

> I installed the Platform SDK (Windows SDK and Exchange 2000 SDK) and did not
> find the ACL.DLL source code.
> Where is it located?

> Also, could I use Redemption to accomplish what I want...it has been *years*
> since I have programmed in C++ :(

> --
> Andrew D. Fields

> Fields & Associates Consulting, Inc.

> > Your only other option is Extended MAPI (C++/Delphi), that's what acl.dll
> uses.
> > Its source code is included with the Platform SDK.

> > Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
> > http://www.dimastr.com/
> > OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
> > and MAPI Developer Tool

> > > I wanted to create Public Folders on our Exchange 2000 server with
> specified
> > > ACL permissions.  I am familiar with the ACL.dll COM object, and wanted
> > > know if anyone knew of an alternative method of setting the permissions
> on
> > > Folders created thru VBScript or VBA in Outlook 2000/2002.

> > > Also, can someone point me in the direction of some examples for using
> > > ACL.dll if that is the only way.

> > > BTW: I *know* how to do this with ESM, I want to do this
> programatically.

> > > Thank you,

> > > --
> > > Andrew D. Fields

> > > Fields & Associates Consulting, Inc.

Mon, 29 Mar 2004 03:10:17 GMT
 Create Exchange Public Folders with Specified ACL Permissions with VB
I meant it is in the libsrc\aclclsf folder.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool

Quote:
> Dmitry:

> I installed the Platform SDK (Windows SDK and Exchange 2000 SDK) and did not
> find the ACL.DLL source code.
> Where is it located?

> Also, could I use Redemption to accomplish what I want...it has been *years*
> since I have programmed in C++ :(

> --
> Andrew D. Fields

> Fields & Associates Consulting, Inc.

> > Your only other option is Extended MAPI (C++/Delphi), that's what acl.dll
> uses.
> > Its source code is included with the Platform SDK.

> > Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
> > http://www.dimastr.com/
> > OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
> > and MAPI Developer Tool

> > > I wanted to create Public Folders on our Exchange 2000 server with
> specified
> > > ACL permissions.  I am familiar with the ACL.dll COM object, and wanted
> > > know if anyone knew of an alternative method of setting the permissions
> on
> > > Folders created thru VBScript or VBA in Outlook 2000/2002.

> > > Also, can someone point me in the direction of some examples for using
> > > ACL.dll if that is the only way.

> > > BTW: I *know* how to do this with ESM, I want to do this
> programatically.

> > > Thank you,

> > > --
> > > Andrew D. Fields

> > > Fields & Associates Consulting, Inc.

Mon, 29 Mar 2004 03:12:55 GMT
 Create Exchange Public Folders with Specified ACL Permissions with VB
Dmitry:

I have installed the Platform SDK and Exchange SDK, no "rules.dll" source.

If you could send it to my private email, I would appreciate it.

Also, are you aware of where the ID (which is used for the ACEs) is stored
in LDAP?

Thank you,

--
Andrew D. Fields

Fields & Associates Consulting, Inc.

Quote:
> No, Redemption won't help you with the Rules - rules.dll works just fine.
The
> source for the rules.dll is in the Samples\dbmsg\exchange\libsrc\rulecls
folder.
> The latest SDK might not include it, let me know if you can't find it,
I'll send
> it to you via private e-mail

> Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
> http://www.dimastr.com/
> OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
> and MAPI Developer Tool

> > Dmitry:

> > I installed the Platform SDK (Windows SDK and Exchange 2000 SDK) and did
not
> > find the ACL.DLL source code.
> > Where is it located?

> > Also, could I use Redemption to accomplish what I want...it has been
*years*
> > since I have programmed in C++ :(

> > --
> > Andrew D. Fields

> > Fields & Associates Consulting, Inc.

> > > Your only other option is Extended MAPI (C++/Delphi), that's what
acl.dll
> > uses.
> > > Its source code is included with the Platform SDK.

> > > Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
> > > http://www.dimastr.com/
> > > OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
> > > and MAPI Developer Tool

> > specified
> > on

> > programatically.

Mon, 29 Mar 2004 04:44:24 GMT
 Create Exchange Public Folders with Specified ACL Permissions with VB
I know next to nothing about LDAP, sorry. I sent the ACL source to your private
e-mail address.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool

Quote:
> Dmitry:

> I have installed the Platform SDK and Exchange SDK, no "rules.dll" source.

> If you could send it to my private email, I would appreciate it.

> Also, are you aware of where the ID (which is used for the ACEs) is stored
> in LDAP?

> Thank you,

> --
> Andrew D. Fields

> Fields & Associates Consulting, Inc.

> > No, Redemption won't help you with the Rules - rules.dll works just fine.
> The
> > source for the rules.dll is in the Samples\dbmsg\exchange\libsrc\rulecls
> folder.
> > The latest SDK might not include it, let me know if you can't find it,
> I'll send
> > it to you via private e-mail

> > Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
> > http://www.dimastr.com/
> > OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
> > and MAPI Developer Tool

> > > Dmitry:

> > > I installed the Platform SDK (Windows SDK and Exchange 2000 SDK) and did
> not
> > > find the ACL.DLL source code.
> > > Where is it located?

> > > Also, could I use Redemption to accomplish what I want...it has been
> *years*
> > > since I have programmed in C++ :(

> > > --
> > > Andrew D. Fields

> > > Fields & Associates Consulting, Inc.

> acl.dll
> > > uses.

> > > specified
> wanted
> permissions
> > > on

> using

> > > programatically.

Mon, 29 Mar 2004 08:52:44 GMT

1. Create Exchange Public Folders with Specified ACL Permissions with VB

2. Create Exchange Public Folders with Specified ACL Permissions

3. Create Public Folder (use in Exchange)

4. VB script and MS Exchange Public Folders

5. Look at Email in a specified Public Folder

6. Exchange Public Folder as Recordset

7. Link Exchange Public folder to Access 97

8. From Acces97 to an Exchange public folder

9. Public Folder permissions

10. Public Folder Permissions

11. Programmatically posting to a specific Exchange public folder

12. Programmatically post a .ppt file to an Exchange public folder