sort different tasks
Author Message
 sort different tasks

Hi.. Thanks for the previous help, I have figured out most of the stuff,
but I ran into following problem
In the Gantt chart view there are different tasks assigned to different
people.
In the Resource usage view, there is one person name followed by all the
task assigned to him, the problem is that all tasks assigned to him are
not in the sequence in this view, for example

Person ABC        Monday        Tuesday        Wednes
Thurs        Fri

task 1                                        8 hr                8
hr             8 hr
task 2                                                              8
hr             8 hr            8 hr
task 3                    8 hr              8 hr                8 hr

When I do view, reports, assignments, to-do list, the names, these tasks
will appear in the order as task 3, task 1, and then task 2.

In my code these tasks are accessed as follows
ActiveProject.Resources.Item(4)[some specific
person].Assignments.Item(1)
ActiveProject.Resources.Item(4)[some specific
person].Assignments.Item(2)
ActiveProject.Resources.Item(4)[some specific
person].Assignments.Item(3)

where Item(1), 2, and 3 are the above 3 tasks.

In my VB macro, how do I find the sequence of these tasks, this is my
major problem now
thanks for all the help
Ray

Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:14:18 GMT
 sort different tasks
Rehan

<< In my VB macro, how do I find the sequence of these tasks >>

The tasks are in the order of their ID which can be obtained from TaskID
property of assignment object (Asn.TaskID).

Regds
Venkata Krishna

Quote:
> Hi.. Thanks for the previous help, I have figured out most of the stuff,
> but I ran into following problem
> In the Gantt chart view there are different tasks assigned to different
> people.
> In the Resource usage view, there is one person name followed by all the
> task assigned to him, the problem is that all tasks assigned to him are
> not in the sequence in this view, for example

> Person ABC        Monday        Tuesday        Wednes
> Thurs        Fri

> task 1                                        8 hr                8
> hr             8 hr
> task 2                                                              8
> hr             8 hr            8 hr
> task 3                    8 hr              8 hr                8 hr

> When I do view, reports, assignments, to-do list, the names, these tasks
> will appear in the order as task 3, task 1, and then task 2.

> In my code these tasks are accessed as follows
> ActiveProject.Resources.Item(4)[some specific
> person].Assignments.Item(1)
> ActiveProject.Resources.Item(4)[some specific
> person].Assignments.Item(2)
> ActiveProject.Resources.Item(4)[some specific
> person].Assignments.Item(3)

> where Item(1), 2, and 3 are the above 3 tasks.

> In my VB macro, how do I find the sequence of these tasks, this is my
> major problem now
> thanks for all the help
> Ray

Sun, 18 Jan 2004 01:00:42 GMT
 sort different tasks
Although they are in the order of their TaskID, but is there any way I
can get the ordering the way they are scheduled in the details section
of the resource usage (by days and hours), for example task1 is first in
the list but it doesn't start once task2 is done, and I can verify that
in the details section of the resource usage, and with their start or
finish date, I was thinking about implementing a sorting algorithm with
their starting dates, but that will make it little complicated plus when
I will run the macro for 50 people with 100 tasks for next two months, I
guess that will slow it down a lot.
Thanks a lot
Rehan

Sun, 18 Jan 2004 01:53:51 GMT
 sort different tasks
One way may be to sort your task on Start field in Gantt view and
permanently renumber them. So automatically the resource usage view will
have tasks in their start order.

Venkata

Quote:
> Although they are in the order of their TaskID, but is there any way I
> can get the ordering the way they are scheduled in the details section
> of the resource usage (by days and hours), for example task1 is first in
> the list but it doesn't start once task2 is done, and I can verify that
> in the details section of the resource usage, and with their start or
> finish date, I was thinking about implementing a sorting algorithm with
> their starting dates, but that will make it little complicated plus when
> I will run the macro for 50 people with 100 tasks for next two months, I
> guess that will slow it down a lot.
> Thanks a lot
> Rehan

Sun, 18 Jan 2004 02:29:11 GMT

1. MAPI Namespace context is different in task scheduler

2. TimeScaleData (?): Assigning Multiple resources to the same task at different times and more than once

3. task assignment by different managers

4. Different icons in Explorer and Task List?

5. Script for executing different tasks

6. Percent Allocation Report sorted by Tasks

7. Sorting Tasks

8. Sort query results according to criteria from different table

9. Different Indexes for Sorting DB's

10. sort two different recordsets into one table

11. HELP ! Sort is different btwn Recordset and ListBox

12. Adding different sorted totals into a grand total field