Converting VB Code from Access 97 to Access 2002 or higher
Author Message
 Converting VB Code from Access 97 to Access 2002 or higher

I have some DB's that use VB intensively. When I convert
them to 2002 in a test environment, the code fails and I
get many errors. Are there any quick hits that you can
suggest to make the transition easier?

Sun, 18 Dec 2005 05:20:13 GMT
 Converting VB Code from Access 97 to Access 2002 or higher
On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 14:20:13 -0700, "Jacqueline Hannaford"

Quote:

>I have some DB's that use VB intensively. When I convert
>them to 2002 in a test environment, the code fails and I
>get many errors. Are there any quick hits that you can
>suggest to make the transition easier?

One very common error is due to the fact that Access2002 defaults to
the ADO object model, whereas A97 used DAO. Open the VBA editor,
select Tools... References, and scroll down to Microsoft DAO 3.51
Object Library (highest version), and check it. If you're not using
ADOX, uncheck the ActiveX Data Objects reference.

                  John W. Vinson[MVP]
    Come for live chats every Tuesday and Thursday
http://go.compuserve.com/msdevapps?loc=us&access=public

Sun, 18 Dec 2005 07:18:40 GMT
 Converting VB Code from Access 97 to Access 2002 or higher
I think John didn't mean to include "3.51" in his post.
The version you should use is the  Microsoft Data Access
Object (DAO) 3.6 Library.

HTH
Van T. Dinh
MVP (Access)

Quote:

Sun, 18 Dec 2005 08:25:26 GMT

1. Procedures for Converting an Access 97 MDB to Access 2002

2. Converting Access 2.0 to Access 97/2002

3. Access 97 upgrade to Access 2000 or Access 2002

4. Converting VB code modules in Access 95 to Access 97

5. Converting Access 2.0 DB to Access 97 DB in VB code

6. Tips on migration from Access 97 to Access 2002

7. Access 97 vs Access 2002 (XP)

8. Access 97 to Access 200 converting Error Code Handling

9. Converting to Access 2002 Code doesn't work

10. Help: convert access 2.0 to access 97 using VB 5.0

11. convert Access 2 in Access 95 and Access 97

12. Creating new Access 97 database by VB code in Access 2000 module