Adding Bulleted lines in a Word Doc
Author Message
 Adding Bulleted lines in a Word Doc

I have some code which does search and replace on some tags I put into a
Word document. On one of the lines I have the formatting set to bulleted.

I want to be able to replace text at that tag and have multiple lines also
show as bulleted.

Right now I have the search and replace working fine like this

 WordDocument.Content.StartOf
 WordDocument.Content.Find.ClearFormatting
 WordDocument.Content.Find.Replacement.ClearFormatting

False, True, 1, , str2, 1

But when I use this text for substitution the bullets don't show up on the
line wrap.

 str2 = "First Bullet" & vbNewLine & "Second Bullet" & vbNewLine & "Third
Bullet"

Suggestions?

John

Tue, 04 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding Bulleted lines in a Word Doc
Hi John,

I think you'll get most consistent results if you create a STYLE that
contains the bullet and apply it to the line in the document. Then new
paragraphs created from that line will automatically pick up the style, and
through it the bullets. Otherwise you're going to have to fiddle with the
list templates that store the bullets/numbering information...

Quote:
> I have some code which does search and replace on some tags I put into a
> Word document. On one of the lines I have the formatting set to bulleted.

> I want to be able to replace text at that tag and have multiple lines also
> show as bulleted.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://go.compuserve.com/MSWord

Wed, 05 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Reading a Word Doc Line by Line in VBA

2. Search thru Word Doc line by line

3. VBA code adding 6 blank lines after adding pragraphs - Word 97

4. Check if line is bulleted

5. add & set lines to .doc

6. Print Word doc. from command line

7. Delete Line in Word Doc

8. Attaching Current Word Doc with VBA And Adding an Address

9. How to save word doc and not have it added to the Documents menu

10. Open word 97 doc with doc name as variable

11. pub doc and word doc on same screen

12. How do you drop doc files from a intranet site into a new word doc