Please advice
Author Message
 Please advice

hi,
how do I convert this to work in Access 97 and 2000

  MYUSER.DLLPrnt = FnPtr(AddressOf DLLPrnt)
the AddressOf is no longer in use in Access

also Enum is not being used in Access
Public Enum ZTranslate
    CRLFtoLF = 1
    LFtoCRLF = 2
End Enum

thanks
Dib

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 21:23:03 GMT
 Please advice
Enums are not supported in access 97. Period. You will either have to add
them to a typelib and reference it, or just add constants.

Ken Getz and I wrote an article for VBPJ several years ago about how to
minic AddressOf in Access 97 -- code available on my site (link below) but
it'd be crazy to not try to get the article, too.

--
MichKa

Michael Kaplan
Trigeminal Software, Inc.  -- http://www.trigeminal.com/

International VB? -- http://www.i18nWithVB.com/
C++? MSLU -- http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/10/

Quote:
> hi,
> how do I convert this to work in Access 97 and 2000

>   MYUSER.DLLPrnt = FnPtr(AddressOf DLLPrnt)
> the AddressOf is no longer in use in Access

> also Enum is not being used in Access
> Public Enum ZTranslate
>     CRLFtoLF = 1
>     LFtoCRLF = 2
> End Enum

> thanks
> Dib

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 21:28:56 GMT
 Please advice
Thanks Michael I was looking at this site yesterday, but could not find any,
do you remember which article this was,
Thanks
Dib

Quote:
> Enums are not supported in access 97. Period. You will either have to add
> them to a typelib and reference it, or just add constants.

> Ken Getz and I wrote an article for VBPJ several years ago about how to
> minic AddressOf in Access 97 -- code available on my site (link below) but
> it'd be crazy to not try to get the article, too.

> --
> MichKa

> Michael Kaplan
> Trigeminal Software, Inc.  -- http://www.trigeminal.com/

> International VB? -- http://www.i18nWithVB.com/
> C++? MSLU -- http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/10/

> > hi,
> > how do I convert this to work in Access 97 and 2000

> >   MYUSER.DLLPrnt = FnPtr(AddressOf DLLPrnt)
> > the AddressOf is no longer in use in Access

> > also Enum is not being used in Access
> > Public Enum ZTranslate
> >     CRLFtoLF = 1
> >     LFtoCRLF = 2
> > End Enum

> > thanks
> > Dib

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 23:58:20 GMT
 Please advice
found it , thanks
Dib

Quote:
> Enums are not supported in access 97. Period. You will either have to add
> them to a typelib and reference it, or just add constants.

> Ken Getz and I wrote an article for VBPJ several years ago about how to
> minic AddressOf in Access 97 -- code available on my site (link below) but
> it'd be crazy to not try to get the article, too.

> --
> MichKa

> Michael Kaplan
> Trigeminal Software, Inc.  -- http://www.trigeminal.com/

> International VB? -- http://www.i18nWithVB.com/
> C++? MSLU -- http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/10/

> > hi,
> > how do I convert this to work in Access 97 and 2000

> >   MYUSER.DLLPrnt = FnPtr(AddressOf DLLPrnt)
> > the AddressOf is no longer in use in Access

> > also Enum is not being used in Access
> > Public Enum ZTranslate
> >     CRLFtoLF = 1
> >     LFtoCRLF = 2
> > End Enum

> > thanks
> > Dib

Wed, 09 Feb 2005 00:02:59 GMT

1. Problem running VB.NET !!! Please advice

2. Please advice, making stand alone apps...

3. Mutiple Thread question, please advice!

4. Please advice in learning sql server 6.5

5. Please, advice on a good book

6. Please advice re: career in programming

7. Text Menu - Please Advice How To Do It

8. Please advice me on ADO/DAO/DataEnv/DataReport

9. Please advice to me about Oracle Development Tool!!!

10. Text Menu - Please Advice How To Do It

11. Adding Custom Controls.... please advice.

12. What should I learn? Please advice.