no "file already exists" prompt when trying to save over an existing document
Author Message
 no "file already exists" prompt when trying to save over an existing document

I have one user who does not see the prompt "the file filename already
exists" when trying to save a newly created document.

They are using the same Normal and document templates as other users
on the LAN, and I have checked for viruses.

They have an AutoNew macro which does some formatting and ends with a
save command.

The Save As dialog pops up, the user gives the filename they want and
the screen refreshes, leaving the user-suggested filename in the
filename edit box, but there is no error message saying the file
already exists.

This is related to the user profile (windows 2000, word 2000) since
the same user encouters the problem on several computers and other
users do not have the problem.

Any ideas?

Carol Chisholm

Fri, 19 Sep 2003 17:44:10 GMT
 no "file already exists" prompt when trying to save over an existing document
It suggests that the Profile is corrupt. I suggest deleting and recreating a
new profile.

--
Terry Farrell - MSMVP Word

Please visit our Word FAQ site at http://www.mvps.org/word/ created
cooperatively by the group's MVPs.

Please keep replies in the Newsgroup.
This enables everyone to share the problem
and other experts to bring their expertise.

For direct access to all Microsoft newsgroups:

Sorry, but emails cannot be acknowledged.

:
[...]

Sat, 20 Sep 2003 02:27:01 GMT

1. Calling a DLL gives "File Not Found", but File Exists

2. Importing "csv" file into existing table

3. Help with "checking if file exists"

4. Saving an already existing file in another name

5. "Save As" prompt

6. existing a fonction "Networkdays" in acces

7. CDONTS Error : "Key does not exist"

8. eVB app exists when "push"ing data

9. Save existing Doc to existing OLE container

10. urgent..."File already in use" error

11. CMDialog -> "File already exists!" ???

12. dir function to check if file name already exists