Having problems with number of lines used
Author Message
 Having problems with number of lines used

Hi All.

I am currently writing an application that puts database records into a word
document.

This is fine but the problem is that some of the records fields has data
that is quite long.

So what i did was use the Left function so that only a certain amount of
characters would be displayed.

This works fine in some circumstances but at other times it does not work it
only prints out the specified length of characters, but does so on a second
line.

The requirement is to print on one line only

Chris

Sun, 31 Aug 2003 07:50:53 GMT
 Having problems with number of lines used
Hi Chris,

A bit hard here to determine what's bugging you.
Pls send in relevant parts of the code you're using

Krgrds,
Perry

Quote:
> Hi All.

> I am currently writing an application that puts database records into a
word
> document.

> This is fine but the problem is that some of the records fields has data
> that is quite long.

> So what i did was use the Left function so that only a certain amount of
> characters would be displayed.

> This works fine in some circumstances but at other times it does not work
it
> only prints out the specified length of characters, but does so on a
second
> line.

> The requirement is to print on one line only

> Chris

Sun, 31 Aug 2003 09:38:24 GMT
 Having problems with number of lines used
I have a word table with a column called Foil and in the column i put a
specific records "foil" data. It has a specific width so i used the Left
function to reduce the data

Sometimes it was working and sometimes it was not

When I had the following data

Foil Gold Embos

it worked fine

but when there was data like

EMBOSS AND GOLD

it printed on a second line even though there are fif{*filter*} characters.

The code to put into word is this

c.Range.InsertAfter Text:=Left(rs.Fields("Foil"), 15)

Quote:
> Hi Chris,

> A bit hard here to determine what's bugging you.
> Pls send in relevant parts of the code you're using

> Krgrds,
> Perry

> > Hi All.

> > I am currently writing an application that puts database records into a
> word
> > document.

> > This is fine but the problem is that some of the records fields has data
> > that is quite long.

> > So what i did was use the Left function so that only a certain amount of
> > characters would be displayed.

> > This works fine in some circumstances but at other times it does not
work
> it
> > only prints out the specified length of characters, but does so on a
> second
> > line.

> > The requirement is to print on one line only

> > Chris

Sun, 31 Aug 2003 10:29:10 GMT
 Having problems with number of lines used
whoops

the problem was the space in the column

silly me

Quote:
> Hi Chris,

> A bit hard here to determine what's bugging you.
> Pls send in relevant parts of the code you're using

> Krgrds,
> Perry

> > Hi All.

> > I am currently writing an application that puts database records into a
> word
> > document.

> > This is fine but the problem is that some of the records fields has data
> > that is quite long.

> > So what i did was use the Left function so that only a certain amount of
> > characters would be displayed.

> > This works fine in some circumstances but at other times it does not
work
> it
> > only prints out the specified length of characters, but does so on a
> second
> > line.

> > The requirement is to print on one line only

> > Chris

Sun, 31 Aug 2003 10:30:16 GMT

1. having problems lining up ....and page numbers on toc

2. PBM: Line numbers used by Goto method do not reflect displayed line numbers in document

3. Having a line problem..

4. ADO is having problems with receiving numbers from Oracle DB

5. I'm having a problem using the MSComm control I hope someone can help

6. Having problem using socketwrench.

7. having a real problem with this idea in CGI using VB5CGI

8. having a real problem with this idea in CGI using VB5CGI

9. having a real problem with this idea in CGI using VB5CGI

10. Having problems using RASHangUp/VB4 from RASAPI32.DLL

11. Using API or other method to count number of lines in a Rich Text Box

12. HELP: Finding line number of error using Erl