Extracting data from OLE type in a recordset
Author Message
 Extracting data from OLE type in a recordset

Hi,

Trying to write code that will loop through a recordset and set a
variable to an OLE Word object in an OLE type field.  I've tried setting
the variable to an object and a variant and it gives me jibberish.

dim varOleField as variant

rs.movefirst

set varOleField = rs![OleField1]
debug.print varOleField

I think I need to open the OLE field first - which contains an MS Word
object containing text.  Any help on the code needed to grab this data
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael J Looft

Mon, 07 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Extracting the Data Type of a Field

2. Extracting Data of type Image

3. Indexing a Dynaset type Recordset, or Requerying a Table type Recordset

4. dynaset-type recordset and table-type recordset

5. ADO, OLE DB and Oracle - can't addNew to recordset, wrong cursor type

6. Create OLE Object Data Type through automation?

7. Numerical arrays and OLE Object data type

8. Access 2.0, OLE Data Types, and DAO

9. Extracting a recordset from a recordset

10. How do you set an OLE Data Type field in VBA

11. ActiveX controls sending non-OLE standard data types in events

12. Using the OLE Object data type.