Macro warning
Author Message
 Macro warning

Hello People.

I have made my first VBA macro in Outlook 2000. (Opens a Word template, and
inserts data from contact item)

It works just fine one my own machine, but what is the correct way to
implement it to other users?

On the other machine, I have replaced the macro file, so she now has access
the the program, but for every contact she opens she gets the macro warning
dialogbox.

How do I get Outlook to accept the macro as its own?

Thanks in advance.

Michael Christoffersen

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:50:50 GMT
 Macro warning
She would have to use selfcert and sign the vba project or lower macro
security. (Tools | macro | security)

and to answer the other question... the best method to share outlook 2000
solutions is to convert the macros to COM addins.  this way you don't have
to worry about overwriting someone else's work.

Quote:
> Hello People.

> I have made my first VBA macro in Outlook 2000. (Opens a Word template,
and
> inserts data from contact item)

> It works just fine one my own machine, but what is the correct way to
> implement it to other users?

> On the other machine, I have replaced the macro file, so she now has
access
> the the program, but for every contact she opens she gets the macro
warning
> dialogbox.

> How do I get Outlook to accept the macro as its own?

> Thanks in advance.

> Michael Christoffersen

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 20:37:24 GMT
 Macro warning
Thanks for the answer. I will try it out.

How do I convert a macro to a COM addin?

Kind regards

Michael Christoffersen

Quote:
> She would have to use selfcert and sign the vba project or lower macro
> security. (Tools | macro | security)

> and to answer the other question... the best method to share outlook 2000
> solutions is to convert the macros to COM addins.  this way you don't have
> to worry about overwriting someone else's work.

> > Hello People.

> > I have made my first VBA macro in Outlook 2000. (Opens a Word template,
> and
> > inserts data from contact item)

> > It works just fine one my own machine, but what is the correct way to
> > implement it to other users?

> > On the other machine, I have replaced the macro file, so she now has
> access
> > the the program, but for every contact she opens she gets the macro
> warning
> > dialogbox.

> > How do I get Outlook to accept the macro as its own?

> > Thanks in advance.

> > Michael Christoffersen

Fri, 26 Mar 2004 14:33:12 GMT
 Macro warning
You will need development (VB5/6, Delphi, C/C++) software and implement the
IDTExtensibility2 interface.  If this seems a little confusing ~ go to
http://www.slipstick.com/dev/comaddins.htm

Quote:
> Thanks for the answer. I will try it out.

> How do I convert a macro to a COM addin?

> Kind regards

> Michael Christoffersen

> > She would have to use selfcert and sign the vba project or lower macro
> > security. (Tools | macro | security)

> > and to answer the other question... the best method to share outlook
2000
> > solutions is to convert the macros to COM addins.  this way you don't
have
> > to worry about overwriting someone else's work.

> > > Hello People.

> > > I have made my first VBA macro in Outlook 2000. (Opens a Word
template,
> > and
> > > inserts data from contact item)

> > > It works just fine one my own machine, but what is the correct way to
> > > implement it to other users?

> > > On the other machine, I have replaced the macro file, so she now has
> > access
> > > the the program, but for every contact she opens she gets the macro
> > warning
> > > dialogbox.

> > > How do I get Outlook to accept the macro as its own?

> > > Thanks in advance.

> > > Michael Christoffersen

Sat, 27 Mar 2004 06:46:27 GMT

1. Macro Warnings without macros