Missing libraries
Author Message
 Missing libraries

When testing a db at another workstation, I get missing library errors in
code -- not recognizing "Format", etc. I end up turning the missing
libraries off in the References window, and everything runs fine.

All of these machines were supposed to be setup the same for Office97. I am
using an ActiveX control, but it works fine and hasn't caused an error.

All of my libraries are setup locally in my db. I assume that the object
that I am using the Format method on is of a type that the error-finding
workstation has no library for, is this the case?

If so, why is it I can't distribute my db and have it run without having to
worry whether or not my customers have the appropriate libraries?

Thanks for your help,
Kurt

Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Missing libraries

Hi,

Here's something I wrote up. Hope it may help
(Q) My Access 97 database runs fine on some pcs, but on one particular
machine, I keep getting errors like "Undefined Function" or "Function not
available in query expressions".  Upon hitting Debug,  one of the following
functions are highlighted:
 Left$, Right$, Mid$, Instr, Trim, Str  (etc)
  What's causing this error to happen on individual machines?
(A) This is a common problem that users might face whenever they upgrade
from Office 95 to Office 97.  Sometimes,  Access loses references to
libraries containing the definitions to above and other functions, giving
you the error message.  Follow these steps to fix the error:
 - Open a code module (any module, even a new one)
 - Select Tools from the menu bar
 - Select References.
 - Uncheck any references that have the word 'Missing' tagged with
 themselves (most usually utility.mda).
 - Select Compile and Save all modules.

HTH

--
Just my $.001
Dev Ashish

:
:All of these machines were supposed to be setup the same for Office97. I am
:using an ActiveX control, but it works fine and hasn't caused an error.
:
:All of my libraries are setup locally in my db. I assume that the object
:that I am using the Format method on is of a type that the error-finding
:workstation has no library for, is this the case?
:
:If so, why is it I can't distribute my db and have it run without having to
:worry whether or not my customers have the appropriate libraries?
:
:Thanks for your help,
:Kurt

Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Missing libraries

Also make sure that the other mashines have the library ffiles installed. It
doen't make much sence to reference a library file that is not available on
the computer and this might cause the error messages "Undefined Function" or
"Function isn't available in query expressions" or "Function isn't available
in expressions in query expressions".

Wed, 02 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Finding Missing Libraries

2. missing library or project

3. missing library...

4. Missing libraries after IE 5 download

5. Missing library

6. MIssing Library Error

7. Missing Libraries Access 2002 vs. 2000 and 97

8. Getting problems with missing libraries

9. Missing library error

10. Missing library

11. Help! Missing library (Ithink)

12. finding missing libraries