Default Page Size
Author Message

I have an application that I just released. One of the
users tries to print documents, and instead of printing
on "legal" sized paper as I have set each report for, this
person's somehow machine changes the paper size
to "letter". If I open up the same application from my
workstation, they still say legal. Open them up on his,
and they say letter.

Anyone have any idea why, and how I can stop it?

Thanks in advance,

Sean

Tue, 20 Jan 2004 05:17:08 GMT
The problem is caused by changing default print drivers.  If your customer
uses the same printer as you then , you can go into page setup and
change to a specific printer.  If you have compilied your database into a
.mde, there nothing you can do. The only other option I know is write code
to use the prtMIP and prtDEVMODE to adjust the page size before opening the
report.

Gregory La Due
Twin Tiers Technologies, Inc.

Quote:
> I have an application that I just released. One of the
> users tries to print documents, and instead of printing
> on "legal" sized paper as I have set each report for, this
> person's somehow machine changes the paper size
> to "letter". If I open up the same application from my
> workstation, they still say legal. Open them up on his,
> and they say letter.

> Anyone have any idea why, and how I can stop it?

> Thanks in advance,

> Sean

Tue, 20 Jan 2004 08:10:49 GMT

1. Page size for the background= Page size of the first page of the drawing

2. How to Hide the Default Property Page for an ActiveX Control in Front Page

3. ColumnWidth Default size in twips ?

4. Default Font Size in MSWord

5. Default Screen Size

6. How To Set Default Zoom Size For Crystal Reports

7. How I Can Change Default Printer Parameters Like PAPER SIZE from Vb

8. default font size TOO SMALL

9. Help?? Selecting (or Reading) Default Paper Size

10. VB4 Default Code Window Size

11. Default Size of Code Window

12. Default size of code windows?