Creating a new text or HTML message and using Word as an editor
Author Message
 Creating a new text or HTML message and using Word as an editor

Hello all,

In outlook 2000 if you have word set as your email editor and you try to
create a text message or a HTML message, you don't get an inspector? or no
new inspector event gets fired? Can someone please verify that?

I need to trap when user creates a new message of this type from outlook so
I can add a command bar.

Thanks in advance!

Saqib

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 06:27:13 GMT
 Creating a new text or HTML message and using Word as an editor
Yup, you're right - no inspector.  There is a workaround, though.  See:

OL2000: Office E-mail Messages Do Not Have Inspectors
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];Q218298

--
Eric Legault, MCSD
ADAPSYS - http://www.adapsys.ca

Quote:
> Hello all,

> In outlook 2000 if you have word set as your email editor and you try to
> create a text message or a HTML message, you don't get an inspector? or no
> new inspector event gets fired? Can someone please verify that?

> I need to trap when user creates a new message of this type from outlook
so
> I can add a command bar.

> Thanks in advance!

> Saqib

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 23:10:44 GMT

1. Outlook: Overriding Word HTML editor for a specific message

2. New Free HTML / Text Editor

3. New free HTML / Text Editor

4. New Free HTML / Text Editor

5. New free HTML / Text Editor

6. New free HTML / Text Editor

7. New Free HTML/Text Editor

8. creating frontpage editor or other html editor object in ASP page

9. Creating word Macro to copy text and create new files from existing one

10. Using Word as a Text Editor

11. create new contact from email message text

12. How to create a new plain text message?