setting the sort in a query
Author Message
 setting the sort in a query

I have a form with a command button that runs a macro.  Within that form,
there is a combo box tied to a query within said macro that filters certain
data based on what's selected in the combo box.  Now for the question:  I
have an option group, in addition to the combo box, with four different
choices for the user to choose how to sort the data.  However, I have no
idea how to tie this option group into the query.  Can someone please help?

TIA,
Jason

Sat, 09 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 setting the sort in a query
Hi Jason,

The simplest way is probably to make 4 versions of the query with the different
sort specs set in each one, as required.

Norm

Quote:

> I have a form with a command button that runs a macro.  Within that form,
> there is a combo box tied to a query within said macro that filters certain
> data based on what's selected in the combo box.  Now for the question:  I
> have an option group, in addition to the combo box, with four different
> choices for the user to choose how to sort the data.  However, I have no
> idea how to tie this option group into the query.  Can someone please help?

> TIA,
> Jason

Sat, 09 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can't sort result set on query based on calculated values

2. Query sort vs. Report sort

3. a query within a query (sort of)

4. Sort order - Edit Filter Sort or Quick Sort

5. Sort query results according to criteria from different table

6. Make-Table query not sorting correctly

7. Sort or limit row displayed in a crosstab query

8. Query sorting help

9. Can't get Sorted Recordset using Query

10. Crosstab query sorting

11. Yargh! Sorting UNION'd SQL query

12. Problem sorting a UNION query with Oracle