Monitor UnDeliverable Items?
Author Message
 Monitor UnDeliverable Items?

Hi,

Can anyone direct me to some automated way to monitor undeliverable items?

I am in the process of automating email notification from a VB app. using
SQL Server and wanted to have an automated method in place for monitoring
the undeliverable items on the server's instance of Outlook.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Donna

Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:25:35 GMT
 Monitor UnDeliverable Items?
If you are going to have Outlook running all the time on your server, than
you can trap the ItemAdd event of your Inbox folder to get a handle to the
latest e-mail.  If the MessageClass is "REPORT.IPM.Note.NDR", you know it's
an undeliverable message notification and can act accordingly.

--
Eric Legault, MCSD
ADAPSYS

Quote:
> Hi,

> Can anyone direct me to some automated way to monitor undeliverable items?

> I am in the process of automating email notification from a VB app. using
> SQL Server and wanted to have an automated method in place for monitoring
> the undeliverable items on the server's instance of Outlook.

> Any help would be appreciated.

> Thank you,
> Donna

Sat, 18 Jun 2005 04:03:27 GMT

1. Trap undeliverable email message

2. Reading the Body of an Undeliverable e-mail

3. Undeliverable problem

4. unwanted emails retruned undeliverable

5. Forwarding Undeliverable Messages

6. System Undeliverable

7. ___ATTN___DON THOMAS_____mail returned "undeliverable" please read

8. Trap undeliverable email message

9. GUI programmed on 14inch monitor is different on 19inch Monitor

10. Performance Monitor , eh Monitor

11. Usinig 2 monitors: IDE problem on secondary monitor

12. What type of item is an undeliverable email message from the system administrator?