Access 2000: Create and save add-in/mda and mde files
Author Message
 Access 2000: Create and save add-in/mda and mde files

You are mistaken here -- the procedure is the same for Access 2000/2002 as
it is for Access 95 and 97.

But an add-in does not make code available to other dbs -- referencing the
file is what does.

An MDE is clearly explained in help and elsewhere, its just a version of the
database that has all of the source code stripped so it is in a permanently
compiled state. This is good for both performance and security reasons.

--
MichKa

Michael Kaplan
Trigeminal Software, Inc.  -- http://www.*-*-*.com/

International VB? -- http://www.*-*-*.com/
C++? MSLU -- http://www.*-*-*.com/

Quote:
> I have created some functions that I want to make
> available to all Access mdb's with an add-in.  In Office
> 97 I seem to recall I could save the file as an mda and
> then just use Tools, Add-In Manager to add the Add-In but
> there doesn't seem to be an option in Access 2000 to save
> mda files.

> I have searched the MS KB and it suggests I need to create
> a USysRegInfo Table but it seems quite complex apart from
> the fact that the registry on my work PC is locked.

> Can I create and save an Add-In any other way?

> Also what is an mde file for?

Thu, 20 Jan 2005 03:23:20 GMT

1. using InetTransferLib.mda in access 2000

2. File Open/Save dialog in Access 2000 running on Win98, Win2K and WinXP

3. Save an ADO Recordset to file in Access 2000 mdb format

4. saving data from a VB form to access 2000 or excel 2000

5. read excel file in access 2000 lire fichier excel dans access 2000

6. .mda files for installable add-ins

7. Creating Tables in Access 2000 using SQL Text files

8. Creating new Access 97 database by VB code in Access 2000 module

9. Accessing Multiple System.Mda files

10. VBA - Access 2000 Create a table and access the fields

11. VB5/Access 2.0 and security file is not System.mda

12. Access 2.0 System.mda file with VB4 16 and 32