problem when deleting contact folder with VB
Author Message
 problem when deleting contact folder with VB

I have a VB app that gets a public contact folder, deletes the folder (and
it's contents) and rebuilds the folder and contents. It works fine the first
time through. The second time the program deletes the folder but doesn't
recreate it. Success runs causes the parent folders (to this folder) to be
deleted.

I've tried just deleting the contact items inside the folder and run into
the same problem.

Is there some kind of permission I have to reset when recreating the folder?

How do I do this programmatically?

Thanks,

Mike

Please email if possible:

Using outlook 2000

Mon, 28 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 problem when deleting contact folder with VB
Post a segment of your code so someone can look it over.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Quote:
> I have a VB app that gets a public contact folder, deletes the
folder (and
> it's contents) and rebuilds the folder and contents. It works fine
the first
> time through. The second time the program deletes the folder but
doesn't
> recreate it. Success runs causes the parent folders (to this folder)
to be
> deleted.

> I've tried just deleting the contact items inside the folder and run
into
> the same problem.

> Is there some kind of permission I have to reset when recreating the
folder?

> How do I do this programmatically?

> Thanks,

> Mike

> Please email if possible:

> Using outlook 2000

Tue, 29 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Delete Contacts from "Contact " Folder Automatically

2. Deleting Contacts and Dist Lists in same folder

3. Adding/Deleting Contacts in Public Folders

4. From a Contact's details to the Contact folder

5. How to delete folders/files within a folder but not the folder itself

6. Add contact information to folder other than default folder

7. Public Folder Contact folders.

8. Problem deleting contacts

9. Syncronize in programmatic way, the folder Contact with the public folder

10. Save Contact in non default folder from VB

11. outlook 2000 contact folder updating using vb

12. FSO problems with DELETING FOLDERS