Permission Denied (Error 70)
Author Message
 Permission Denied (Error 70)

Hopefully someone else out here has beat their head against the wall trying
to solve this and can help.  Any help that anyone can contribute would be
appreciated.

We have an application in that's been in production for several months
without incident.  The application has a VB dll on a server that opens up
Access databases on the same server (using the Access.Application object in
the Access 97 object model) to do some printing of reports that are in the
database.  Anyway, when the application was initially deployed, everthing
worked fine.  Then a decision was made to move the production to a different
server.  The new server was completely rebuilt and the application was
redeployed on the new server, again with no problems.

Now the problem.  The old production server was then rebuilt to be used as
our new test server and the application was redeployed to this new test
server (old production server).  All of a sudden, when we are trying to open
the Access databases on the new test server through code in the VB dll
(objAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase strDBPath), we are getting an error of 70
with a message of "Permission denied" (really helpful for debugging).
We've checked the permissions on the directory (all good), we've made sure
the files are not read only (all good), the databases have the default
Access permissions (so I don't think anything funny is going on there).
Doing some research, it appears that the database thinks that someone else
has it open with Exclusive access, but there are no *.ldb files in the
directory.

If anyone has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated.

Anson Goldade

Sat, 14 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Permission Denied (Error 70)
Something similar has happened to me.  I've programmed Outlook to  open an
Access2000 DB to assign remotely requested document numbers (an unimportant
detail).

I did all the programming, testing, had all potential offsite users e-mail
in dummy requests -- all aces until I hooked up the network DB to the server
that receives the e-mailed requests.  Now the primary DB, which resides on a
network drive, appears as "read-only" to server (not only to the Outlook
script, but also to the Access DB on the hard drive.

The only thin that happened in the interim -- that I can recall -- is that
we installed the Outlook security patch ...

suggestions?

TIA,
-Bill

Quote:
> Hopefully someone else out here has beat their head against the wall
trying
> to solve this and can help.  Any help that anyone can contribute would be
> appreciated.

> We have an application in that's been in production for several months
> without incident.  The application has a VB dll on a server that opens up
> Access databases on the same server (using the Access.Application object
in
> the Access 97 object model) to do some printing of reports that are in the
> database.  Anyway, when the application was initially deployed, everthing
> worked fine.  Then a decision was made to move the production to a
different
> server.  The new server was completely rebuilt and the application was
> redeployed on the new server, again with no problems.

> Now the problem.  The old production server was then rebuilt to be used as
> our new test server and the application was redeployed to this new test
> server (old production server).  All of a sudden, when we are trying to
open
> the Access databases on the new test server through code in the VB dll
> (objAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase strDBPath), we are getting an error of 70
> with a message of "Permission denied" (really helpful for debugging).
> We've checked the permissions on the directory (all good), we've made sure
> the files are not read only (all good), the databases have the default
> Access permissions (so I don't think anything funny is going on there).
> Doing some research, it appears that the database thinks that someone else
> has it open with Exclusive access, but there are no *.ldb files in the
> directory.

> If anyone has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated.

> Anson Goldade

Sat, 14 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Permission Denied (Error 70)
It's possible that the creation of the LDB file is generating this error.
Make sure the NT account being used has "Change" permissions on the db
folder.

 -- Dev

:
[...]

Sun, 15 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Compile Error - Permission Denied (Error 70)

2. Permission Denied (Error 70) when using COM+

3. Error Number : 70 and Error Description : Permission Denied

4. error 70: permission denied for MsgBox

5. winNT: run-time error 70, permission denied ?

6. VB4 & Acc 2 - Error 70 Permission Denied

7. Error 70: Permission Denied (over network)

8. Shell error 70 permission denied

9. runtime error 70 Permission denied:

10. Runtime error '70' Permission denied

11. : Error 70 - Permission Denied

12. VB4 & Acc 2 - Error 70 Permission Denied