concatenating files-found the problem with popups
Author Message
 concatenating files-found the problem with popups

We use macros to create forms from our database for clients.  There are many
different forms and more than one can be created at a time. When the forms
are filled out the text is copied and pasted into one document all nice and
neat.  Forms that have FILL-IN fields do not work when copied and pasted
into the combined document, so the boxes do not pop up.  Any commands to
simply combine documents without cutting and pasting? Perhaps using the add
command?  Sorry for the length I needed to explain fully. Thank you in
advance for any help

Karl "Confused in Denver" Schreiner

Mon, 24 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 concatenating files-found the problem with popups

Hi Karl,

Not sure I understand the exact problem. It's just that the Fillin fields
aren't prompting after you've copied/pasted? Have you sent a command to UDPATE
(Aktualisierung) the fields? The prompts will only display when the fields are
updated... Using the File/New command to create a new document from a template
does this as part of the process (the .Add you refer to?), but otherwise it is
NOT automatic.

As to the second part of your question, I generally prefer the InsertFile
command rather than copy/paste for two reasons: 1) I don't have to explicitly
open the files; 2) I don't have to use the Clipboard.

Quote:
> We use macros to create forms from our database for clients.  There are many
> different forms and more than one can be created at a time. When the forms
> are filled out the text is copied and pasted into one document all nice and
> neat.  Forms that have FILL-IN fields do not work when copied and pasted
> into the combined document, so the boxes do not pop up.  Any commands to
> simply combine documents without cutting and pasting? Perhaps using the add
> command?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.mvps.org/word
http://go.compuserve.com/MSOfficeForum

Sat, 29 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. concatenate files directly at file system level (NTFS)

2. Problem Opening Recordset with two fields concatenated As

3. PROBLEM: using Shell() to pass concatenated string

4. Having Problems with concatenated indexes (primary keys)

5. A problem concatenating the index property of an control array

6. Problem concatenating fields containing @ character

7. Formating one line in a Concatenated filed.

8. Concatenate 2 Files

9. copying & concatenating text files

10. Concatenate files in Word

11. Concatenating multiple text files

12. concatenate three Word files together