Error 429 trying to create Word objects - help!
Author Message
 Error 429 trying to create Word objects - help!

Hey. I'm trying to write some simple code that outputs from Access into
Word, and Access won't allow me to create Word.Applications. Code as simple
as this:

Dim objWord As Word.Application
Sub doThis()
Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")
End Sub

... zonks out with an Error 429, cannot create object, even though it
compiles fine. Tried to do the same thing in Excel and got the same error,
so it's not just an Access problem.

I've checked my References and I have the Word 8.0 object library loaded. I
went into RegEdit and verified that the Word.Application object is
registered in the class library. I can launch Excel from Access just fine,
and can launch Access from Word just fine, and -- here's the weird part -- I
can create Word.Document objects in Access or Excel (which run, but don't
seem to do anything) -- I just can't create Word.Application objects.

What's wrong? Help!

Sascha

Sat, 30 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 429 trying to create Word objects - help!

In Word 7.0 it was (look to the first line)

Dim WordBasicObject As Object
Set WordBasicObject = CreateObject("Word.Basic")

Sascha Segan heeft geschreven in bericht

Quote:
>Hey. I'm trying to write some simple code that outputs from Access into
>Word, and Access won't allow me to create Word.Applications. Code as simple
>as this:

>Dim objWord As Word.Application
>Sub doThis()
>Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")
>End Sub

>... zonks out with an Error 429, cannot create object, even though it
>compiles fine. Tried to do the same thing in Excel and got the same error,
>so it's not just an Access problem.

>I've checked my References and I have the Word 8.0 object library loaded. I
>went into RegEdit and verified that the Word.Application object is
>registered in the class library. I can launch Excel from Access just fine,
>and can launch Access from Word just fine, and -- here's the weird part --
>can create Word.Document objects in Access or Excel (which run, but don't
>seem to do anything) -- I just can't create Word.Application objects.

>What's wrong? Help!

>Sascha

Sat, 30 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 429 trying to create Word objects - help!

Quote:

>In Word 7.0 it was (look to the first line)

>Dim WordBasicObject As Object
>Set WordBasicObject = CreateObject("Word.Basic")

Nope, same error. Thanks. Any other ideas?

(So I went into the Object Browser in Access to make sure Access recognized
the objects. In the Word library, there is an Application object, but no
Basic object. In any case, it still doesn't work.)

S.

Sat, 30 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 429 trying to create Word objects - help!

Hi,

Try registering DAO350.dll.
Download RegSvr32 from MS
http://support.microsoft.com/download/support/mslfiles/REGSV32A.EXE
and then issue the command

RegSvr32 C:/progra~1/common~1/micros~1/dao/dao350.dll
from Start/Run under Win95/NT 4.0.

Most of the times, that usually solves the problem.  If that doesn't help,
then uninstall Office,
remove DAO folder under Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft\office, and
then re-intal Office 97.

HTH
--
Dev Ashish (Just my $.001)
---------------

Quote:

>>In Word 7.0 it was (look to the first line)

>>Dim WordBasicObject As Object
>>Set WordBasicObject = CreateObject("Word.Basic")

>Nope, same error. Thanks. Any other ideas?

>(So I went into the Object Browser in Access to make sure Access recognized
>the objects. In the Word library, there is an Application object, but no
>Basic object. In any case, it still doesn't work.)

>S.

Sat, 30 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 429 trying to create Word objects - help!

Just tried your code and it works fine here.  you can try the following
alternative, but if this fails I would look at reinstalling Word.

Dim objWord As Word.Application
Sub doThis()
    Set objWord = New Word.Application
End Sub

Quote:
>Hey. I'm trying to write some simple code that outputs from Access into
>Word, and Access won't allow me to create Word.Applications. Code as simple
>as this:

>Dim objWord As Word.Application
>Sub doThis()
>Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")
>End Sub

>... zonks out with an Error 429, cannot create object, even though it
>compiles fine. Tried to do the same thing in Excel and got the same error,
>so it's not just an Access problem.

>I've checked my References and I have the Word 8.0 object library loaded. I
>went into RegEdit and verified that the Word.Application object is
>registered in the class library. I can launch Excel from Access just fine,
>and can launch Access from Word just fine, and -- here's the weird part --
>can create Word.Document objects in Access or Excel (which run, but don't
>seem to do anything) -- I just can't create Word.Application objects.

>What's wrong? Help!

>Sascha

Tue, 03 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Runtime error 429 when creating Word object

2. Help: Error 429 ActiveX component cannot create object

3. HELP: Error 429 ActiveX component can't create object

4. HELP : runtime error 429 ActiveX can't create object

5. HELP - VB4/16 run time error 429 - ole server can't create object

6. HELP - Error 429 - ActiveX component can't create object

7. Please Help: Error 429: Workspaces: Activex Control Cannot Create Object

8. HELP - Error 429 : ActiveX component can't create object

9. HELP - Error 429 : ActiveX component can't create object

10. Please Help - Error 429 - Active X Component Can't Create Object

11. ActiveX component can't create object or return reference to this object (Error 429)

12. Getting an Error 429 when trying to create an ADO connection