Handling/merging multiple documents in Word 97 
Author Message
 Handling/merging multiple documents in Word 97

Hi all.

I have a small problem with merging multiple documents into one single
document.

My situation is as follows :

I have a table (access 97) where I have stored the path to the
individual documents. It can be from 1 to infinite (nah, but ... like
_really_ many documents) that I have to either merge, or "copy/paste"
into one document.

My problems are as follows :

I use the windows(int).selection.document.select string, combined with
the copy/paste methods afterwards.

1. Its not possible for me to transfer pictures with the text, and I
have to. Is it possible ? Is there an even smarter solution for my
copy/paste problem ?

2. Is it possible for me to use a SQL statement (e.g. SELECT * FROM
table WHERE UserID ="username" from VBA in order to search in databases
? I know it is possible from "normal" VB... but is it possible from word
?

Thanks in advance....

Torben Hougaard



Sat, 05 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 Handling/merging multiple documents in Word 97

Hi Torben,

Quote:
> 2. Is it possible for me to use a SQL statement (e.g. SELECT * FROM
> table WHERE UserID ="username" from VBA in order to search in databases
> ? I know it is possible from "normal" VB... but is it possible from word

You can do this in VBA the same way you would do it in VB - using ADO or
DAO. Just set the reference to these libraries in the VBA editor under Tools
| References.

--
Hope this helps.
ibby

Please post replies or follow-ups to the **newsgroup** so that participants
may benefit or contribute.



Sun, 06 Apr 2003 13:01:28 GMT  
 Handling/merging multiple documents in Word 97

Quote:
> I use the windows(int).selection.document.select string, combined with
> the copy/paste methods afterwards.

I'm a little confused here...
Windows(1).Selection.Document.Select doesn't return a string.

Quote:
> 1. Its not possible for me to transfer pictures with the text, and I
> have to. Is it possible ? Is there an even smarter solution for my
> copy/paste problem ?

I have never had a problem copying and pasting text and any pictures
within the text.
Windows(1).Selection.Document.Select
Selection.Copy
Windows(2).Activate
Selection.Paste

There are several other ways to add copied material into a
document, including:

Use the Spike or some other AutoText entry instead of the clipboard.

Insert the file directly with Selection.InsertFile.

Insert the file indirectly using an Includetext Field.

Use ranges? (not sure if this will work with pictures)

Create an Office Binder.

etc.



Quote:
> Hi all.

> I have a small problem with merging multiple documents into one single
> document.

> My situation is as follows :

> I have a table (access 97) where I have stored the path to the
> individual documents. It can be from 1 to infinite (nah, but ... like
> _really_ many documents) that I have to either merge, or "copy/paste"
> into one document.

> My problems are as follows :

> I use the windows(int).selection.document.select string, combined with
> the copy/paste methods afterwards.

> 1. Its not possible for me to transfer pictures with the text, and I
> have to. Is it possible ? Is there an even smarter solution for my
> copy/paste problem ?

> 2. Is it possible for me to use a SQL statement (e.g. SELECT * FROM
> table WHERE UserID ="username" from VBA in order to search in
databases
> ? I know it is possible from "normal" VB... but is it possible from
word
> ?

> Thanks in advance....

> Torben Hougaard



Sun, 06 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 3 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Automating ADO recordset to Word 97 Merge Document

2. Mail merge error: Access 97 to Word 97

3. Saving a Word 97 Document in a Access 97 table

4. Retrieving Word XP Metadata from a Word 97 document

5. saving Word 2000 document as Word 97 format

6. (Q211727) Mail merge document restored to normal document - Word 2000

7. Access 97 to Word Mail Merge Automation

8. 8.0 merging with word 97 on network

9. Help! word 97/ Unstring a merge field

10. Mail Merge with Word 97

11. Word '97 VBA/ Merge Dialog box problem

12. MS Word 97 Mail Merge with Oracle Datasource?

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software