Create Exchange Public Folders with Specified ACL Permissions
Author Message
 Create Exchange Public Folders with Specified ACL Permissions

I wanted to create Public Folders on our Exchange 2000 server with specified
ACL permissions.  I am familiar with the ACL.dll COM object, and wanted to
know if anyone knew of an alternative method of setting the permissions on
Folders created thru VBScript or VBA in Outlook 2000/2002.

Also, can someone point me in the direction of some examples for using
ACL.dll if that is the only way.

Thank you,

--
Andrew D. Fields

Fields & Associates Consulting, Inc.

Mon, 15 Mar 2004 04:25:56 GMT
 Create Exchange Public Folders with Specified ACL Permissions
Why not throught Exchange 2000 manager?
Create your ACL groups in AD and then grqant permissions as needed.

Quote:
> I wanted to create Public Folders on our Exchange 2000 server with
specified
> ACL permissions.  I am familiar with the ACL.dll COM object, and wanted to
> know if anyone knew of an alternative method of setting the permissions on
> Folders created thru VBScript or VBA in Outlook 2000/2002.

> Also, can someone point me in the direction of some examples for using
> ACL.dll if that is the only way.

> Thank you,

> --
> Andrew D. Fields

> Fields & Associates Consulting, Inc.

Mon, 15 Mar 2004 05:05:02 GMT
 Create Exchange Public Folders with Specified ACL Permissions
I guess I did not make myself clear.

I *know* how to set ACLs with the System Manager.  I specifically want to be
able to do this with VB or VBA (so I can create folders with a specific user
having permissions).

--
Andrew D. Fields

Fields & Associates Consulting, Inc.

Quote:
> Why not throught Exchange 2000 manager?
> Create your ACL groups in AD and then grqant permissions as needed.

> > I wanted to create Public Folders on our Exchange 2000 server with
> specified
> > ACL permissions.  I am familiar with the ACL.dll COM object, and wanted
> > know if anyone knew of an alternative method of setting the permissions
on
> > Folders created thru VBScript or VBA in Outlook 2000/2002.

> > Also, can someone point me in the direction of some examples for using
> > ACL.dll if that is the only way.

> > Thank you,

> > --
> > Andrew D. Fields

> > Fields & Associates Consulting, Inc.

Mon, 15 Mar 2004 08:29:33 GMT

1. Create Exchange Public Folders with Specified ACL Permissions with VB

2. Create Exchange Public Folders with Specified ACL Permissions with VB

3. Create Public Folder (use in Exchange)

4. Look at Email in a specified Public Folder

5. Exchange Public Folder as Recordset

6. Link Exchange Public folder to Access 97

7. From Acces97 to an Exchange public folder

8. Public Folder permissions

9. Public Folder Permissions

10. Programmatically posting to a specific Exchange public folder

11. Programmatically post a .ppt file to an Exchange public folder

12. Public Folder Permission