appending Chr(13) to memo fields?
Author Message
 appending Chr(13) to memo fields?

I am trying to add to a comment (Memo) field after a procedure finishes
certain operations relating to the current record in a form.  The
documentation says that memo fields require certain special handling -
GetChunk and AppendChunk methods.  However, I find that the following
works almost perfectly:

Me!MemoControl = "New comment bit" & Me!memoContol

However, when I try to put my new comment bit on a line by itself (ie
        me!memoControl = "NCB" & chr(10) & me!memoControl  )
the "chr(10)" displays as a rectangle and everything goes on the same
line.  (As you might expect, Chr(13) behaves the same, and chr(10) &
chr(13) puts two rectangles in the text...)

Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance...

Sat, 21 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 appending Chr(13) to memo fields?

Quote:
>Any thoughts?

& chr(13) & chr(10)

    ...Joe Maki
    MT Kupp & Associates

Sun, 22 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Appending chr(13) to a memo field?

2. Append memo field to a different memo field

3. chr(10) and chr(13) in memofield gives |

4. Chr(10) & Chr(13)

5. Chr(10) and Chr(13) doesn't work

6. is carriage return chr(13) or chr(32)

7. INPUT OR READ TO STRIP CHR(10) AND CHR(13)

8. What is chr$(13) + chr$(10)

9. vbCRLF = chr(13) + chr(10)

10. Append Chunk Function never appends to memo field

11. Enter Parameter value CHR(13)

12. what's the difference...(chr(13)) and vbCr