How to Handle AppointmentItem error Access 97 - Outlook 97 across Exchange
Author Message
 How to Handle AppointmentItem error Access 97 - Outlook 97 across Exchange

I am using the following code to book appointment items in a shared
public exchange folder.  The thing is the last line gives me an error
message.  This only happens when (since Roaming Profiles is not set
up) a user tries to use their own network login at another persons
workstation and does not have the local user's permissions in Outlook.

Public Function fCreateOutlookInstance() As Boolean
Dim golRecipient As Recipient
Dim golCalender As MAPIFolder
Dim gobjAppointmentItem As AppointmentItem
Dim varAppointments As Variant

Set gobjOutlook = GetObject("", "Outlook.Application")

    If Err Then
        MsgBox "Could not create Outlook Application Object!",
vbExclamation
        fCreateOutlookInstance = False
        Exit Function
    End If

Set gobjNamespace = gobjOutlook.GetNamespace("MAPI")
    If Err Then
        MsgBox "Could not create MAPI Namespace!", vbExclamation
        fCreateOutlookInstance = False
        Exit Function
    End If

Set golRecipient = gobjNamespace.CreateRecipient(strExchangeRecipient)

    golRecipient.Resolve

    If golRecipient.Resolve Then
        Set golCalender =
gobjNamespace.GetSharedDefaultFolder(golRecipient, olFolderCalendar)

The problem is this last, I'm getting an error message No:
-2147221219(8004011d)

"You have no permission to log on."

When I try the traditional methods of catching this error, I seem to
have no luck Please help.

Richard

Fri, 21 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to Handle AppointmentItem error Access 97 - Outlook 97 across Exchange
This isn't a code issue. You need to solve the security issue by having the
person use a profile that has the Exchange Server service security option
set to None so that the user will be prompted for their domain credentials.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of

> I am using the following code to book appointment items in a shared
> public exchange folder.  The thing is the last line gives me an error
> message.  This only happens when (since Roaming Profiles is not set
> up) a user tries to use their own network login at another persons
> workstation and does not have the local user's permissions in Outlook.

> Public Function fCreateOutlookInstance() As Boolean
> Dim golRecipient As Recipient
> Dim golCalender As MAPIFolder
> Dim gobjAppointmentItem As AppointmentItem
> Dim varAppointments As Variant

> Set gobjOutlook = GetObject("", "Outlook.Application")

>     If Err Then
>         MsgBox "Could not create Outlook Application Object!",
> vbExclamation
>         fCreateOutlookInstance = False
>         Exit Function
>     End If

> Set gobjNamespace = gobjOutlook.GetNamespace("MAPI")
>     If Err Then
>         MsgBox "Could not create MAPI Namespace!", vbExclamation
>         fCreateOutlookInstance = False
>         Exit Function
>     End If

> Set golRecipient = gobjNamespace.CreateRecipient(strExchangeRecipient)

>     golRecipient.Resolve

>     If golRecipient.Resolve Then
>         Set golCalender =
> gobjNamespace.GetSharedDefaultFolder(golRecipient, olFolderCalendar)

> The problem is this last, I'm getting an error message No:
> -2147221219(8004011d)

> "You have no permission to log on."

> When I try the traditional methods of catching this error, I seem to
> have no luck Please help.

> Richard

Sat, 22 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. E-mail address not available in Access 97 with Link Exchange/Outlook Wizard

2. Best method of working with Access 97 / Outlook 2000 / Exchange Server 5.5

3. Access 97 to Access 200 converting Error Code Handling

4. Outlook 97/98(tasks)--> Access (97)

5. integrating Outlook 97 with Access 97

6. How to Link the Outlook (97) Journal Folder to Access (97)

7. Automation Error when automating Word 97 from Access 97

8. Mail merge error: Access 97 to Word 97

9. Access 97: VBA-DAO-Access 97 synchronization problem?

10. buliding prompts for word 97 using outlook 97

11. HELP : Automating Word 97 to get contactitems from Outlook 97

12. Link Exchange Public folder to Access 97